Graphics Mill 一款专为.NET平台而开发的图像处理控件，他是图像领域应用开发必不可少的工具——无论是创建图像发布网站，还是在应用程序中图像的打印预览，还是进行其它的图像应用程序开发，Graphics Mill 都是一款相当优秀的控件。
Graphics Mill 3.1 is an image processing component developed for the .NET platform. When developing applications that work with images this component is indispensable. No matter whether you are creating a photo hosting website, an application which applies preprint preparation to images, a script which generates web graphics, or any other imaging application, Graphics Mill will help you do it.
Graphics Mill consists of three parts:
- Core class library - a set of classes (non-visual) which provide imaging operations: load/save images from/to files, applying different transforms and effects, convert pixels between different color spaces, draw lines, curves, shapes, and text, etc.
- Windows Forms controls - a set of Windows controls which leverage using Graphics Mill in desktop Windows applications. These controls enable you to display an image, zoom it, pan, select a portion of an image, as well as print it.
- Web Forms controls - a set of unique web controls that provide the user great GUI for image displaying and editing. Using these controls you can easily build web photo editors and build other kinds of imaging web applications.
Graphics Mill 3.1 for .NET - Managed + Unmanaged Code
- No imaging software can be 100% managed without causing great performance problems. That's why all the high-performance imaging components for .NET are written by mixing managed .NET code and unmanaged code written on C/C++. Most companies implement a mix of managed and unmanaged code by writing wrapper .NET classes for COM components or common Windows DLLs. However this approach has an obvious disadvantage: it is vulnerable to the so-called "DLL Hell" problem which happens when installing different versions of the same DLL.
- Graphics Mill takes a revolutionary approach. Written with MC++ (Managed C++), it mixes managed and unmanaged C++ code in the single assembly. This means no .NET-foreign DLLs are distributed. There is no need to register any DLLs or place them into system folders. You can deploy your applications with a simple xcopy and never have versioning problems. Also, since unmanaged code can be called inside managed code without any platform interoperability higher performance is achieved.
- Another great feature of the unmanaged code in Graphics Mill is that it can be used with Assembler. Most speed-critical portions of code are written on Assembler with MMX optimization. It enables Graphics Mill to be much faster than other imaging toolkits which do not use such kind of optimization.
Features Highlights for Different Fields
Graphics Mill is a very versatile component and it can be used in wide variety of applications. To help you to examine benefits of the Graphics Mill for your kind of applications, we have prepared features highlights for the following fields:
- Photo Imaging
- Print Imaging
- Document Imaging