在“英特尔 C++ 编译器”的优势上构建，包含它所提供的所有功能，外加多个提供更多优化选项的函数库。除实现先进的优化与并行功能的自动化之外，通过与高度优化的函数库“英特尔® 集成性能原件”（英特尔® IPP）与“英特尔® 数学内核库”（英特尔® MKL）捆绑在一起，“英特尔 C++ 编译器 Mac OS 专业版”可以产生更高的性能。“英特尔 C++ 编译器 Mac OS 专业版”的促销价将持续到 2006 年年底。
Intel® C++ Compiler Professional Edition Components: The multi-threading and optimization technologies in Intel® compilers and libraries give the Professional Edition its edge in helping you deliver high-performance applications for the latest multi-core processors.
- Xcode* Integration enables developers to continue working with this familiar environment while benefiting from the advanced capabilities of the Intel® Compiler.
- Includes Interoperability with GCC 4.0 offering excellent GCC source, binary, and command line compatibility.
- Support for Apple Frameworks* puts this powerful Apple programming model to work on Intel® Core™ microarchitecture-based platforms.
- Multi-Threaded Application Support including new in 11.0, OpenMP 3.0 (data- and now task-parallelism), and auto-parallelization for simple and efficient software threading.
- Auto-vectorization parallelizes code to utilize the Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE) instruction set architectures (SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, and SSE4) of our latest processors.
- High-Performance Parallel Optimizer (HPO) restructures and optimizes loops to ensure that auto-vectorization, OpenMP, or auto-parallelization make best use of cache and memory accesses, SIMD instruction sets, and multiple cores. Compiles in a single pass, improving compile-time and producing more reliable code.
- Interprocedural Optimization (IPO) dramatically improves performance of small- to mid-sized functions, especially in programs containing calls within loops. IPO analysis gives feedback on vulnerabilities and coding errors, such as uninitialized variables or OpenMP API issues, which cannot be detected as well by other compilers.
- Profile-guided Optimization (PGO) improves application performance by reducing instruction-cache thrashing, reorganizing code layout, shrinking code size, and reducing branch mispredictions.
- Intel® Threading Building Blocks is an award winning C++ template library that abstracts threads to tasks to create reliable, portable and scalable parallel applications. Intel® TBB is the most efficient way to implement parallel applications and unleash multi-core platform performance.
- Intel® Math Kernel Library includes optimized and scalable math routines for maximizing performance and seamlessly provides forward scaling from current to future many-core platforms.
- Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives is an extensive library of multi-core-ready, highly optimized software functions for multimedia data processing, and communications applications.
- New integrated, simplified installation gets you going with all capabilities quickly and easily. Simplified custom install makes it easy to identify just the components you want.
- Ongoing Premier Support now includes online community support forums to speed information flow, in addition to private, password-protected accounts. Technical support, interactive issues management, access to technical and application notes, product updates and more with every commercial and academic license.
With the purchase of the product, you receive one year of technical support and product updates from Intel® Premier Support, our interactive and password-protected issue management and communication web site. This premium support service allows you to submit questions, download product updates, and access technical notes, application notes, and other documentation. In addition, we have enhanced our user forums to provide a quick and easy first resource to help with most issues.
The Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Mac OS X is compatible with Xcode, enabling developers to work with this popular IDE while also taking advantage of advanced optimization features from Intel.
Intel C++ Compiler 11.0 is substantially gnu C/C++ compatible and enables source- and object-code compatibility with gnu C. It also has gcc-extension support to help ease application porting, so you can recompile existing software to get improved application performance.
Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition supports Apple Frameworks, which are a special type of bundle used to distribute shared resources, including library code, resource files, header files, and reference documentation. They offer flexibility that is often preferable to using dynamic shared libraries.